We facilitate and enhance research in bioinformatics and biological statistics by fostering interactions and communication among the faculty, outside laboratories, granting agencies, and companies.
The Laurence H. Baker Center
engages in research to:
- develop computational, graphical, statistical, mathematical, algorithmic, and systems methods to interpret or mine information from biological data
- apply quantitative approaches in biology
- bridge separate experimental biology areas with creative and innovative computational approaches
- impact biology by incorporating more quantitative studies
- bring new technologies to the interface between biology and the quantitative sciences
The Center's research excellence is demonstrated strongly by members' grant successes. Grant funding for Center Members continues to Increase at an all-time high rate.
Computer Clusters to Support Members' Computational Needs, with High Priority Given to Next Generation Sequencing Projects and Molecular Dynamics
further information ...